Monday, November 24, 2014

Christmas Paper Dilemma


I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am with my local scrapbooking store.  I was out this past weekend looking for Christmas paper stacks so I could start on my Christmas cards.  I didn’t think it was too early to look seeing as how I see new stacks on the internet and am getting emails from www.blitzy.com and www.scrapbook.com with Christmas stacks advertised.  My problem is I wanted to see them in person.  I wanted to see the colors up-close.  I wanted to feel the paper.  You know what I mean.  I also wanted to be able to start my cards right away.  No such luck.

I looked at the old Christmas stack I used last year and I just didn’t want to face it again.  After 50 or more cards the paper gets old fast.  I just couldn’t stomach it again this year.

Last night I scoured blitzy and a couple other sites.  I ended up on scrapbook.com where I did end up ordering four Christmas stacks of 6x6 that I think will work well with the cards I want to make.  They are also paper brands that I have never used before.  I’m not worried.  I am curious to see what this paper will be like.  Will it feel ok?  Will it work for what I need it for?  Will the colors be vibrant?  I took a chance and there’s no turning back. 

Hopefully I will have the paper by the end of the week.  Once it gets here, let the carding begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment