Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Can" - do!


This past weekend as I was trying to decide what type of card I was going to make my brother I stumbled across a small empty can of tomato paste.  Stumbled is an exaggeration.  I used it the other night in sloppy Joe’s – our go-to dinner meal when we’ve forgotten to take anything out of the freezer.  Plus it’s super easy and after a day of taping and painting the living room they hit the spot.

The can.  Yes, I was getting to that.  Me in my crafty mind-set decided that a toilet paper roll cut in half would work to hold my mascara and eyeliner together for me on my dresser.  I was wrong.  It doesn’t work, it just falls over all the time.  I needed something small that could hold both without the annoying tip-over.  While I was making the sloppy Joe’s I realized I had found my tool!  I washed it out, dried it up and ran to my studio!

Within minutes I had found the paper I wanted to use and hot glued it on to the can. Looking at it I realized I needed to add a bit more to my plain little masterpiece.  I grabbed some ribbon I pulled off a wreath before composting it last year and cut a piece off.  Then I cut it in half and wrapped it around the top and bottom, securing it once again with the aforementioned hot glue gun.  I stood back and gazed at my little wonder.  It was still missing something!

At that point I had an a-ha moment (thanks Oprah!) and opted for a length of white ribbon.  I tied it into a pretty bow and secured that with a drop of hot glue too!  Done!  It is sitting on my dresser – not tipping – and holding my beauty regimen as pretty as can be!



I just realized that maybe a strand of itty-bitty baby pearls would look pretty good on this too.  Maybe my next one, after I get tired of this color scheme…


No comments:

Post a Comment