Monday, November 17, 2014

Birthday Card For My Bro


Yesterday I made a birthday card for my brother.  It wasn’t his birthday, but we were celebrating it at my mom’s apartment.  I looked to Pinterest for my card making inspiration.  I knew I wanted to do a fold-in card - possibly called a tri-fold.  I can never remember as I am not big on making cards.  I like doing them, but my first love is scrapbooking.  You can imagine my delight when I came across a tri-fold that looked like a good “man” card! 

I have an 8.5”x11” Colorbok stack that has only blue and brown patterned paper and I just love it but the only time I use it is for “man” or sympathy cards, so I was really glad to take it out and use it.

I put little banners on the front – two on one side, one on the other – and they keep the card closed!  I stamped “Happy Birthday” on the middle banner with a Fiskars stamp and dropped a silver star on it for some “pop”.  I made an envelope using my Cricut and the card was good to go!

My brother loved it and actually asked me if I made it!  Yeah bro – I did!  Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment