Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Trip to the Studio


A while back I took a beginner’s pottery class.  I did a semester in pottery in high school but my area, although filled with artsy fartsy folks, doesn’t offer “real” pottery classes.  Not often anyway.  That said, the reason I told you about the class is because the instructor found out that I was a scrap booker, sometimes card maker, painter and paper crafter and I referenced my spare room as a “craft room”.  He told me that it was my studio.  Any artist’s room where they create is a studio. 

I have a hard time calling it that.  It’s just a room in my house and I’m an amateur at best.  I don’t ever see myself painting anything as beautiful as Monet did, where people just want to gaze upon my work.  Sometimes though, I like the idea of it and I may make a sign that says just that.  STUDIO.  Big caps that will force me to open my eyes and realize I can create – anything.

So, the other night I went upstairs to the studio and took out the kid’s school days books to add their school photos we received last week.  While doing that I found last year’s photos too, so I made pages for those too.  I took a photo of Hannah’s because I thought hers came out really well. 
 
 

I used the Mariposa stack from DCWV and did a little layering.  I used my border punch from Creative Memories and added a picket fence.  I like the idea of her still being behind a fence, being protected just a little bit longer.  The world is going to invite her out to play soon, and then there’s no going back.  <sigh>  It’s already happening.  This was last year’s pic.  I cut a butterfly from one of the accent pages in the stack and layered that on with a couple of those thick stacker squares.  She just looks like she needed that on her page.

I was really happy how this turned out.  It’s an 8-1/2” x 11” layout which I don’t use very often.  I’m considering a title for the page but I wanted to get it in the album so she could see it.  It’ll get done soon enough.  I’m just glad I did it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment