Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Painting

     This past week has been a flurry of painting.  

The ones on the wall are not mine.  The theme was clouds.


     I was involved with a murder mystery that included art - pointillism paintings to be exact.  I have had no experience with this form of art so I was on my own.  Thank God the artist was portrayed as not all that great at his craft.  I have spent several evenings this past week popping out paintings.  I'm not exactly super proud of them (somewhat proud, I am!).  I've discovered a new respect for pointillism artists.  It is a tedious art form and they must have the patience of saints as they create.  Plus, they use the tiniest dots.  I did not. As you can see.  



     I did one painting before I realized that it was supposed to be pointillism.  I really love the sky.  It's not finished, but I wanted to show it to you now, just in case I ruin it later.


"Ponyless Prairie"


     I'm not sure if I'll continue with my painting.  I may for awhile, to see if I can do more, do better.  Paints and brushes are expensive though, and I've already discovered that wiping stray bristles off a wet canvas causes blemishes on your art.  Ugh!  I need some guidance!



     Enjoy, and as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment