Sunday, February 15, 2015

Birder Candle

        I started this candle a couple weeks ago, then got side tracked while life was going on around me.  I started with a clear jar, that may or may not have had a candle in it before.  I just take old jars and throw them in a drawer until something catches my eye that I can use them for.  I saw a great tutorial on the Plaid website: https://www.plaidonline.com/burlap-wrapped-candle-holder/4313/project.htm?utm_content=bufferd28f4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer , so i decided to give it a try - Jenny style.

        I loved the little candle I saw on the site and I had some Modge Podge and some Tim Holtz Grungeboard (Nature) and some old burlap I picked up at a yard sale so I thought "Why not?".  It was definately something to add to my creative flow.  I've been practicing for a play the last six weeks and our final performance was this past Saturday.  Today was the perfect day to finish.

        The burlap was secured onto the glass with Modge Podge and then sealed with the Modge Podge as well.  I painted the grungeboard bird and glittered the dragonfly.  I added some raffia wrap-a-round and flowers and secured it all with hot glue.  The only time consuming part of this project was waiting for glue and paint to dry.  I plan on making more as gifts.  I think they'll be well received.  

        Here is my finished project.




Modge Podge
Tim Holtz Grungeboard
Galleria Acryllic Paint
studio G Glitter Glue
Colorbok Layered Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment