Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Cards - Part 2


Whew!  All that’s left is the writing personal messages on all 60 cards!  Last night the boyfriend and I tried our hands (literally) at stamping.  He is much better than I am.  And that was after I gave him lecture after lecture of what NOT to do.  He was like, yeah, yeah, yeah.  I should have been the same way. 

This past weekend we took the hour drive to Michael’s and purchased stamps and ink pads because I was still waiting on my internet order to come in (arrived in Monday’s mail – figures).  On Monday night we finished putting cards together.  Then on Tuesday night we brought out the ink.  We practiced with different colors and techniques and finally got down to business.  His card interiors came out really well,




 mine not so much as you can see here:




            However, the cards and yearly pic are complete and ready for signing.  Speaking of the yearly photo – we took two – a test and a final.  Usually we do one in the house by the tree with the dogs.  This year D wanted to shake things up a bit and take it on the porch that he extended this past summer.  Plus, the wagon wheel would be in it and he definitely wanted to include that!  We put down a blanket on the step, gathered the dogs, dismissed the cat, set up the tri-pod and then D got a great idea!  A tremendously, wonderful, all-encompassing idea!  He thought let’s get the bunny in the picture my dear!  He’s new in the family, his image we must share! (Channeling the grinchy-claus right there!)  So he went and got Snugs (also known as Checkers) and pressed the shutter and ran to the porch for the photo and the dogs went bonkers!  Wouldn’t sit, wouldn’t stay, wanted the bunny – yes, it was chaos!  But it really signified our year! 




He put the bunny back in the cage and we took a perfectly respectable photo with the dogs being good.  You can see it here – it came out pretty good.  Later that evening as I was getting ready to order the prints I looked at them on the screen and just started laughing.  That first photo – all chaotic and un-posed was perfect.  I called D to look and he laughed too.  That’s the photo that should go in the card he said.  I totally agreed and ordered them.  I don’t know if friends and family will think we lost our minds, but this is our life and I wouldn’t trade it for a different one.  Crazy dogs, crazy boyfriend, new porch and in debt to our shoulders.  It’s still a good life and I am so very blessed.


I hope you like the cards, they were definitely a labor of love and I will try to mark my calendar in July to start then in getting them ready for the next Christmas season!








No comments:

Post a Comment